HELLO IS ANYONE THERE?

I had recently shifted from Delhi to a small town near Shimla due to my job as construction engineer in highway construction. It was a small town, not many people living there, but it was really beautiful and calm. I was given an official accommodation which had 2 rooms and one living room and it was little above on the hill.

My area was very calm so even the slightest sound can be heard easily. I had one servant who leaves my place after 7 pm, so I am alone in home after 7. Many times I heard someone walking in my living room and upon checking I never saw anyone. There were instances that when I am sitting in living room watching TV after dinner I feel with my reflexes that someone is looking at me from the other corner. Once I got freaked out when I saw someone peeping inside through my window from outside and went out to see no one. I shrugged it off thinking it must be some villager from nearby.

One day my sister and her husband arrived with their 6 year old boy, my nephew, for a short vacation in Shimla and they stayed with me. One night my sister and her husband left for dinner in Mall Road of Shimla, and I stayed back because I was tired after day’s work. So they left their son with me because he sleeps early and they might get late at night. After dinner I was watching TV in living room and my nephew was playing with his color book in my bedroom. At around 9 pm I went to my nephew to put him in bed, and then he insisted on showing me his drawing.

I took a look at his clumsy drawing and said “wow, this is so nice. Who is this lady you have sketched?? Is it your mom?”

My nephew replied “no, this is the lady who was standing near you while you were watching TV and see this is the sofa where you are sitting”

 


Comments